Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
.Bird.
Grassie.
Krin
Tanosu
TaChiKaZe
ChaoticFury
StarFox
ibleach
Cindybear
13 posters

A Monthly Fee for the Donor GMs?

Poll

Should Cruze Put A Monthly Fee On the Donor GMs?

[ 5 ]
    A Monthly Fee for the Donor GMs? Bar_left26%A Monthly Fee for the Donor GMs? Bar_right [26%] 
    [ 5 ]
    A Monthly Fee for the Donor GMs? Bar_left26%A Monthly Fee for the Donor GMs? Bar_right [26%] 
    [ 9 ]
    A Monthly Fee for the Donor GMs? Bar_left47%A Monthly Fee for the Donor GMs? Bar_right [47%] 

Total Votes: 19
    Cindybear
    Cindybear

Number of posts : 46
    Registration date : 2009-01-04

A Monthly Fee for the Donor GMs? Empty A Monthly Fee for the Donor GMs?

Post  Cindybear Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:31 am

A monthly fee for the donor GMS...That's like the worst idea ever. Putting the burden on the donor GMs? That's just wrong. It's the owner's responsibility to pay the monthly fees and its not our responsibility. Donations are supposed to help in some part not so much that the owner can leach off from donor money
    ibleach
    ibleach

Number of posts : 107

A Monthly Fee for the Donor GMs? Empty Re: A Monthly Fee for the Donor GMs?

Post  ibleach Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:43 am

Unfortunately that is Cruze's decision, why should Cruze pay for something that he helps make and doesn't play that much?
    He needs donations, and the only donations he is getting are for GM. The problemb is that there are to many GM donaters so there are only two ways to prevent that, one: raise the price, two: making the position temporary, I guess Cruze went with number 2.

Last edited by ibleach on Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    StarFox
    StarFox

Number of posts : 158

Post  StarFox Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:45 am

A Monthly Fee for the Donor GMs? Chill-pill
    ibleach
    ibleach

Post  ibleach Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:47 am

You're Overdosing me Sad O.O I feel so relaxed, I never realized that my hands were so big, o.O pretty colours.

Anyway yeah calm down, Cruze might change his mind or something,only time can tell.
    Cindybear
    Cindybear

Number of posts : 46

Post  Cindybear Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:00 am

number 1 is so much better
    and leeching off other people's money...
    thats gay
    ChaoticFury
    ChaoticFury

Number of posts : 231

Post  ChaoticFury Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:05 pm

How is he leeching? Your paying the him to make you a gm.
    TaChiKaZe
    TaChiKaZe

Number of posts : 79
    Registration date : 2009-01-05

Post  TaChiKaZe Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:17 pm

I wouldn't mind donating a few extra bucks to keep this server going, I just don't want to be forced to do it. =/
    Tanosu
    Tanosu

Number of posts : 72

Post  Tanosu Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:51 am

TaChiKaZe wrote:I wouldn't mind donating a few extra bucks to keep this server going, I just don't want to be forced to do it. =/

Agreed.
    Krin

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Post  Krin Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:22 am

Hey! look who suggested this in NOVEMBER. Look who else got a shitstoooooooorm for suggesting such a crazy idea.

I hate you all.
    Grassie.
    Grassie.

Number of posts : 70

Post  Grassie. Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:44 am

Krin wrote:Hey! look who suggested this in NOVEMBER. Look who else got a shitstoooooooorm for suggesting such a crazy idea.

I hate you all.

Its true she did. I never said anything on the subject, and I still have no opinion.
    TaChiKaZe
    TaChiKaZe

Number of posts : 79

Post  TaChiKaZe Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:42 am

Krin wrote:Hey! look who suggested this in NOVEMBER. Look who else got a shitstoooooooorm for suggesting such a crazy idea.

I hate you all.

I wasn't there to give you crap! DAMN I MISSED OUT! =[
    .Bird.
    .Bird.

Number of posts : 21

Post  .Bird. Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:44 am

I believe that donators should be given gm status for one week and atvend of said week lose gm status and all items but keep all stats and hot keys. This way they get the gift. I also think we need GM apps re oppened.
    My. Thoughts have flaws but the general idea is thurough and effective and may need implimentaion later on, but the current gms are fine but need a bit more exp. (posted All on iPod while in school)
    I was also rushed while typing this

Sincerely, Tyler
    Seduction
    Seduction

Number of posts : 26

Post  Seduction Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:03 am

i agree with him ^
    StarFox
    StarFox

Number of posts : 158

Post  StarFox Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:15 am

.Bird. wrote:I believe that donators should be given gm status for one week and atvend of said week lose gm status and all items but keep all stats and hot keys. This way they get the gift. I also think we need GM apps re oppened.
    My. Thoughts have flaws but the general idea is thurough and effective and may need implimentaion later on, but the current gms are fine but need a bit more exp. (posted All on iPod while in school)
    I was also rushed while typing this

Sincerely, Tyler

I agree, though a month seems a bit more reasonable than a week, GM apps should the reopened, and iPods are awesome. I had planned to get on mine today to check the forums, but my teacher took his wireless router home over the break.
    Eros
    Eros

Number of posts : 223

Post  Eros Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:55 am

true thats like forcing if they want the server up people will donate
    ChaoticFury
    ChaoticFury

Post  ChaoticFury Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:42 pm

I say two weeks... If you want to be a GM for longer... Do something like what I do... I do/did a great job and got promoted to actual GM however I was a donater... This just means that in a way... If you donate you have like a quicker chance to prove yourself. I do not agree with just one week. I think two would be better, We had too many GMs and that was annoying however we don't need many more at the moment either... I have no strong feeling towards this though.
    .Bird.
    .Bird.

Number of posts : 21

Post  .Bird. Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:24 pm

I did say there were fome flaws in it....

Sincerely, Tyler
    Jesus
    Jesus

Number of posts : 28

Post  Jesus Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:00 am

I for one, do NOT think that GM applications should be re-opened. This is because of the fact that I have seen so many HORRIBLE applications, and ESPECIALLY from people who just join the server so they can become a GM. However, I do think that we should have an item system going for donators. In other words, you can donate for certain items or an AP raise. For example, $10 for max HP, MP, and 2.147 billion mesos added to your account, $25 for 5000 extra AP, or $30 for 1500 AP in each stat (STR, DEX, INT, LUK).

My opinion about donor GMs, however, is that we should either CLOSE off the donator GM position (too many GMs for a small server = abuse). I don't like the idea, but it is ONE of the ways to reduce the abuse. OR, the donator GMs can have certain LIMITS to their powers. By limits, I am talking about the summon RATES and so on. For example, a donator GM with limited power might not be able to summon. This is just an idea.
    ibleach
    ibleach

Post  ibleach Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:10 am

I agree with Jesus, there are levels of GM-ness like interns and stuff. We should get a coder and make a donators island or something.
    Seduction
    Seduction

Post  Seduction Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:53 am

I think we should open GM applications for a start. Just give 2 people the spots and see how they cope. At least they should be doing their job properly. Once the server is running smoothly, Cruze and the other admin's can choose people who they think would be a good GM, from in-game helpfulness or whatev.

We just need a few GM's to help this server run smoothly at the beginning

I like iBleach's idea. a donator island is very good. but because of the 1 meso shops, NimaKin and kin theres pretty not that much use for one.
    Maybe the donators can be given intern status, and if they're doing a good job, they should move up to gm later o:
    Jesus
    Jesus

Number of posts : 28

Post  Jesus Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:36 am

Seduction wrote:I think we should open GM applications for a start. Just give 2 people the spots and see how they cope. At least they should be doing their job properly. Once the server is running smoothly, Cruze and the other admin's can choose people who they think would be a good GM, from in-game helpfulness or whatev.

We just need a few GM's to help this server run smoothly at the beginning

I like iBleach's idea. a donator island is very good. but because of the 1 meso shops, NimaKin and kin theres pretty not that much use for one.
    Maybe the donators can be given intern status, and if they're doing a good job, they should move up to gm later o:

I disagree with the opening of GM applications. In my opinion, I think that the current GMs are enough to do a good job. In fact, if we actually had the ability to use the GM skill Hide, and have some usable powers, I'm positive that we could make the server better. I, for one, try my very best to make the server a better one. I am always checking for hackers (even though I seem to be stationary most of the time) and trying to keep the server nice and tidy.

Moreover, since the GM position is open to donators, the number of GMs will always be increasing. Even two people would be a lot. As I have previously said, I have seen too many horrible GM applications. Many people have been just stopping by our forums and applying, even when they don't know ANYTHING about our server.
    So, if we are to have GM applications open, VERY STRICT rules should apply. For instance, people who apply should HAVE played the server for AT LEAST 3-5 weeks. Upon reading a GM application, it is quite easy to spot the faker. Second, DECENT GRAMMAR AND SPELLING should be a requirement. There are too many people who can't even SPEAK English who claim that they can type and read it well. Previous GM applications have included people who say, "i am good englsh n i can typ good." Would it KILL YOU to just READ OVER WHAT YOU HAVE SAID? There should also be an age requirement of 15 or older. These are just A FEW of the things that should be required amongst the people who apply for the GM position.

Also, I kind of dislike the idea about donator's island because of a few reasons. First of all, it would be pretty tedious to code and organize. Second, I know that SydneyMS has a donator's island and it feels unoriginal. I feel like we're trying to copy ideas in order to become better. I'm not saying that the idea is copyrighted or anything, but the idea doesn't feel very creative. I mean, we should try to make it somewhat related to the theme of "SummerStory."
    I am not very fond of the donator island, but if we must, perhaps we can use Florina Beach for a special donator island? Since our server is called, "SummerStory," we might as well make it summer-related. Any other ideas?

Last edited by Jesus on Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    Meebo
    Meebo

Number of posts : 202

Post  Meebo Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:44 am

-cries-. I can't donate. so no.. Donator's Island for me.
    Seduction
    Seduction

Post  Seduction Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:54 am

servers had donator island before sydney >_>
    ChaoticFury
    ChaoticFury

Post  ChaoticFury Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:55 am

One, Sydney is absoulte garbage... TERRIBLE community... Now that that has been said. why not try what my old server did, however its very common... I tried doing it in algebraic expression and failed... but now i figured it out... but im too lazy to type it... and someone might somehow not know algebra. each $5 = 200 AP + 1 item of choice. after 15$ something a little more or simply 800 ap four items. Some system like that.
    Meebo
    Meebo

Number of posts : 202

Post  Meebo Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:00 am

I can... type good english o-o. Randooom.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:42 am